I have not been updating my blog recently , simply because there is nothing exciting to write about
However today at IFA ( Berlin), Samsung has revealed a new line of products that has woke me up from my slumber
IFA in Berlin is the global trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances, and it will showcase the latest products and innovations in the heart of Europe‘s most important regional market.
IFA offers a comprehensive overview of the international market and attracts the attention of trade visitors each year from more than 100 countries. IFA is the main meeting place for key retailers, buyers, and experts from industry, trade and the media.
Well, what is it that is so great about Samsung’s latest ?
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE
This is the Dell Streak 5 form in Samsung’s clothing. Samsung has now push its size beyond the SGS II 4.3 inch and Infuse 4.5 inch to a new 5.3 ” screen display
Main features of this new monster :
– Network : HSPA＋ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
– Operating system Android Gingerbread 2.3
– Super AMOLED HD 5.3 inch WXGA ( 1280 X 800, 285 ppi )
– Powering the device is a 1.4 GHz dual core processor, which is backed up by a massive 2500 mAh battery.
– Added stylus input for note-taking via the bundled Samsung “S Pen” pressure-sensitive pen – reminds me of HTC Flyer ( another case of copy cat ??)
– 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 2MP front-facing shooter.
– Video : MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, DivX, Xvid, VC-1Recording 1080p@24~30fps, Playing 1080p@30fps
– Audio Codec : MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG
– thin and slim at only 9.65 mm thick and only 178 gm ( the Dell Streak 5 is 10 mm thick and weighs 220 gm )
– 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
Samsung Kies 2.0/ Samsung Kies air
Samsung TouchWiz/ Samsung L!ve Panel UX
Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
Smart Note Apps
S Pen / Pen UX
– Integrated Messaging(Email, SNS), Contacts/ Calendar Sync
– Basic: POP3/IMAP Email
Social Hub, Readers Hub , Music Hub
GoogleTM Mobile Services
– GmailTM, Google TalkTM, Google SearchTM, YouTubeTM, Android Market TM,
– Google MapsTM with Google Places and Google Latitude
– ODE, EAS, CCX, MDM, VPN, WebEx
At the press conference, Samsung Europe boss Andrew Coughlin said the Galaxy Note is intended to be a new primary device for users that need more visual realestate than can be found on a typical smartphone. Instead of switching between multiple devices, Coughlin said Galaxy Note users would be able to perform many tasks commonly associated with tablets right on their smartphone. Well, this means I could just replace my present SGS II and Dell Streak 5 with this new monster gadget.
Samsung’s S Pen, which comes with the Galaxy Note, is a pressure-sensitive stylus “magic pen” ( just remind me of the pen stylus of the HTC Flyer ). And like the Flyer, the Galaxy Note supports screenshot-taking and annotation across all areas of the UI. To help in the development of new apps for the platform, the S Pen SDK will be released in the near future.
Official video :
Hands ON from SlashGear:
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 7.7
Having use the 7 inch Tab since its release, I foresee this successor to the popular 7 inch Galaxy Tab will be another runaway success by Samsung. Samsung has increased the diaplay by 0.7 inch to 7.7 inch. Bonuses that comes with it is a vastly improved Super AMOLED Plus display, a 1.4GHz dual core processor, and powered by Android 3.2 Honeycomb with TouchWiz as its UI.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 features access to Samsung’s Hub services, and it’s the first mobile tablet to include a pre-loaded Game Hub. Users will also get the Music Hub service, which offers 15 million songs for preview, download and play. Additionally, the Readers Hub service offers a library filled with more than 2.3 million books, 2000 newspapers and 3000 magazines in up to 49 languages.
Galaxy Tab 7.7 Specs
- 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen (WXGA resolution)
- 1.4GHz Dual Core processor
- 21Mbps HSPA connectivity
- 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16/32/64GB Internal Storage
- microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- 3MP rear-facing and 2MP front-facing cameras
- Wi-Fi 802.11 Wireless-N connectivity
- Wi-Fi Direct and Bluetooth 3.0
- 5100 mAh battery
- Google Mobile Services
- Dimensions, weight: 196.7x 133 x 7.89mm, 335g
The specs of the original Tab 7″ as a quick comparison :
Processor : ARM Cortex A8 processor, 1 GHz processor; PowerVR SGX540 graphics
Size : 190.1 x 120.5 x 12 mm
Weight : 380 gm
Display : TFT 16M colors , 600 x 1024 pixel, 7 inch screen
Hands ON by CarryPad: